Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of tpb

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of tpb
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:29:34 +0200

According to my knowledge, nvram is a free part of the kernel linux. Take a look at the source of Linux 2.4.x

Le ven 21 jun 2002 à 16h33, Jaime E . Villate a écrit :
Hi,
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what's the NVRAM device? I could not
find
anything like that in my kernel sources. Is there a free driver for
it? Where
can I check its license?  Please register your project again with a
more
detailed description.

Regards,
Jaime

address@hidden

> Markus Braun <address@hidden> described the package as
follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: tpb
> System name: tpb

> The tpb project provides a little program, to use the ThinkPad
button on IBM ThinkPad(tm) Computers. It uses the NVRAM device of the
linux kernel to find out if the button was pressed.