[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Diginux Operating Sys

From: diginux
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Diginux Operating System
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:43:41 -0400

Jordan Wilberding <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Diginux Operating System
System name: diginuxos

My project is a plan on building a small efficient
Operating System that will be dedicated to clustering machines.
I hope for kernel to be small enough to effectively run on
a 486 with as little as 2 megs of RAM up to multi-processor
machines.

Details:
+ The kernel will be started completely from scratch with
all coding focues on tweaking clustering capabilities
+ It will first be developed for the x68 arch and possibly more
later on
+ It will perform migration processes internally much like
(Open)MOSIX does for Linux
+ It will be POSIX compliant

The license will be the GPL.

*It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.*

Other Software Required:
None