Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ZIMT: Zed\'s Inst

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ZIMT: Zed\'s Instant Messaging Tool
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:55:36 +0200

So everything is fine.

You can resubmit your project. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Le lun 01 jui 2002 à 10h35, Fabian Wickborn a écrit :
Hi!

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 08:24:52AM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you clarify the status of the Gray's libicq? I found nothing
about
> this via google.
> Can you give me a pointer to this library license?
>
> Please, resubmit with the clarification about this libicq.

The lib is part of ickle, a ICQ2000 Client using the GTK+ graphical
toolkit. ickle is published under the GNU GPL 2.

http://ickle.sourceforge.net

The license is included in the source package in COPYING.

Konstantin Klyagin, the author of centericq
(http://konst.org.ua/centericq/) has published an interesting article
about writing ICQ Clients with this lib on freshmeat:
http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/359/

quote: At this moment, 9th December 2001, 22:30:07 EET, it is probably
the best ICQ protocol implementation which also has all the benefits
of
a GNU project.

It was that article that inspired me to start zimt.

Regards, Fabian

--
Fabian Wickborn - address@hidden
           http://fabian.wickborn.net