[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Hyperlinked C++ BNF G

From: alessio
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Hyperlinked C++ BNF Grammar
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 04:43:45 -0400

Alessio Marchetti <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Hyperlinked C++ BNF Grammar
System name: hcb
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

My project is called HCB, which stands for \"Hyperlinked C++ BNF Grammar\".

It provides an HTML version of the BNF grammar of the C++ language, useful to
navigate among the productions of the grammar.

HCB tracks the C++ grammar changes either due to future C++ standards or to
defect reports in the current standard document.

HCB is composed by a set of XML files: an XML file containing the BNF grammar
description, an XML Schema for it, and a XSL transformation to drive the HTML
creation process.
An archive of these documents is available for download.

Future tasks: it is my goal to make HCB powerful enough to be able to document
the C++ language, by attaching semantics description and code snippets to
terminal and non-terminal elements of the grammar.

HCB already exists and you can download the latest distribution at
http://web.tiscali.it/valdez/HCB/

Other Software Required:
HCB requires a web browser for viewing.
In order to transform the XML file into the HTML version, a XSL transformer is
needed (I have tested only Xalan-C 1.3 at the moment).
In order to validate any change in the XML document, a XML Schema validator is
needed (I have tested only Xerces-J-2.0.2)

Other Comments:
For any assistance with HCB contact information follows:

Alessio Marchetti
mailto:address@hidden