[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of AstWar: 2D Space Shoo

From: fsmunoz
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of AstWar: 2D Space Shooter
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:00:32 -0400

Frederico S. Muñoz <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: AstWar: 2D Space Shooter
System name: astwar

This project came into being after an initial ideia from Jorge Monteiro (that
is a co-author) to make a curses-based game that was simple and
network-enabled. The aim is to build a simple terminal-based game that can be
played over the network. Also of interest is the interface to guile that allows
the user to make a small computer AI to aid him during play (i.e. instead of
pressing the shield button when an incoming shot is nearing he/she can make it
automatic via guile). The game itself is very simple: two ships at the border
of the screen try to shoot each other.

The code exists already in a primitive but usable form (the display fucntions
are already made, the game is playable but still no usable netwroking).
Unfortunatly I don\'t have the tarball with me now; this is exactly why we are
opening a new project: since Jorge will probably do the core of the work we
need to have a public available CVS.

Other Software Required:
libncurses, guile

Other Comments:
When the game is more or less ready we would like it very much to become a GNU
program; with that in mind we are already using autoconf, using GNU identation
and in general following the GNU Coding Standards.