[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of viadSpace

From: b . a . borggreve
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of viadSpace
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:56:48 -0400

bram borggreve <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: viadSpace
System name: vsp

viadSpace should become a webbased groupware suite
written mainly in PHP with a database backend. The
development philosophy is that viadSpace should be
user driven instead of technology driven.

The keywords we have in mind are:
- KISS (Keep It Stupid Simple)
- simple and ergonomic interface
- intuitive navigation
- easy extendable by use of modules
- portable and scalable (database abstraction, multiple cooperating groups on
one installation, etc...)

Functions (mostly modules) we want to implement are:
- Calender/ToDo
- Email (POP3/IMAP)
- Chat (optional chat-logging)
- Document library and version control
- Rich Text Editor (cross moduled)
- Extensive Logging (for bug-tracing and management info)
- Multi Language Interface (Starting with Dutch and
English)
- Managing User/Groups/Rights/Modules
- Themable User Interface

There are alot of other functions we might implement
later but we will start with these ones. We will use a so-
called MoSCoW analyses to choose wich modules have
priority. This is wat MoSCoW stands for:
M - Must Have
S - Should Have
C - Could Have
W - Would Have

The project is my final assesment for a Business
Informatics Study at a University in Holland, but we are
planning to continue the project afterwards.

This project does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Other Software Required:
php, apache, a database(server) (is this what u mean? otherwise contact me....)

Other Comments:
Hello,

if u like to contact me for this project u can send me a mail @ address@hidden
. It is the first time i will use a system like this to develop a software
project. I submitted the same today at sf.net but i read the article of the
makers of phpGW and thats why i am submitting here right now...

anyway, in the beginning it is just going to be me and someone i know to
develop the program cause i need it to fit in the plan i have for my
assignment... afterwards i would be happy if there are going to be more
programmers working on this project.