Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of libevaluator lib

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of libevaluator library
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:01:09 +0100

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 03:37:26PM +0200, Aleksandar B. Samardzic wrote:
> >  Perhaps you mean "analytically differentiate expressions"? :-)
>
> Thank you for this suggestion - I guess this is one of these errors that
> often appear when English in not someone's tongue.
I know; I only learned to use "differentiate" instead of "derivate" after
several professors corrected me in the USA.

> 1. Are you aware that this interface is optional, i.e. is not included
> in compilation by default (appropriate "--enable-f90-support" flag has
> to be supplied to configure script in order to have this interface
> compiled)?
Oh, I was not aware of that. In that case there is no problem, as long as yor
program works equally well for those who use Intel Fortran 90 and for those
who use gcc. The idea is that we do not want gcc users to feel at
disadvantage and make them think that they have to get Intel's Fortran to
fully take advantage of your program.

> 2. Is it ok to keep only part of interface that will be compiled using
> gcc (thus throw out Intel compiler from build process)?
>
> If none of above change your opinion, then I'll probably throw away
> interface (maybe I'll try to supply g77 interface alternatively).
That would be even better, but if you still want to keep f90 optional for those
who have it, that's OK.

> I haven't supplied Web address of project in my application, so here it
> is:
>   http://www.matf.bg.ac.yu/~a.samardzic/unix/gnu/libevalutor/index.html
>
> Do I need to re-apply using Web site or I could send corresponding note
> to you directly?

Yes, please register your project again explaining what you just explained to
me (you may use the long URL included in the acknowledgment of the first
registration, to ease the new registration).
Someone else different from me will process your application this time, so
you should not assume that he is aware of the content of this discussion.

Cheers,
Jaime

P.S. I hope you don't mind that I've sent copy to savannah-hackers, since our
discussion might be useful for others registering projects in Savannah.