Re: [Savannah-hackers] admin savannah

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] admin savannah
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:52:23 +0100

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 03:28:41PM -0700, Guido Serra wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm student at Politecnico di Milano http://elet.polimi.it
> Me and other students want to install somthing like savannah, so
> we did it using some sources of the savannah/sourceforge project.
> We can create a project but then we are not able to validate it...
>
> The project is in savannah database, but it is not active. Why?

Projects remain "pending" until the administrator changes their status in the
administration page (site-url/admin/ ). Only users with an "administrator"
flag can access that page and activate projects (they will also see an
administration menu in the left-side bar).

You have to give "site administrator" privileges to a user. For example, if
you have already registered a user called "admin", do the following:
   mysql sourceforge
   mysql> select user_id from user where user_name='admin';
   mysql> insert into user_group (user_id, group_id, admin_flags)
           values (X, 1, 'A');
Where X, is the user_id number obtained in the select command.

Read Guillaume Morim's SourceForge installation guide for more details.
(http://zoy.org/~guillaum/SF/SF_install_guide_1_24.pdf )

Regards,
Jaime