[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of PUPA

From: okuji
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of PUPA
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:41:35 -0400

Yoshinori K. Okuji <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: PUPA
System name: pupa

My project is a research for the next generation of GNU GRUB.

I\'ve been working on GNU GRUB as a contributor and then as a
maintainer for three years. And, now the user base has grown
up and many features have been added without refreshing the code
base. The upshot is chaos of unstructured code.

So I\'m going to rewrite/redesign GNU GRUB mostly from scratch,
in order to make the code base more robust, cleaner and safer.
I\'m also going to add several new features, such as
internationalization and cross-platform installation.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Other Software Required:
The same as GNU GRUB (binutils, gcc, make, autoconf, automake, texinfo,
etc.)

Other Comments:
My project is supported by Information-technology Promotion Agency,
Japan. That\'s why I intend to make my project independent of GNU.
However, I\'m going to integrate the result of my project into GNU GRUB,
after the support ends (at the end of February in 2003). That\'s just
a matter of timing.