[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of raytance, the real ti

From: henry . precheur
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of raytance, the real time raytracer.
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:38:11 -0400

Henry PrĂȘcheur <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: x11
Other License:
Package: raytance, the real time raytracer.
System name: raytance

Raytance is a real-time ray-tracer.
The main goal is to provide a fast visualization of 3D primitives and more
complex objects, using the ray-tracing algorithm.
Raytance will feature things like shader and animation system too. We are
currently thinking about the way to do that in the best way, so nothing is
determined precisely for now.
To do that in real time, raytance uses severals optimizations, like octrees and
sub-patch sampling. During the development many tests will be done, and we will
try to choose the best algorithms, and techniques to allow a fast visualization
with a good quality of image.
Raytance is provided with external tools to allow users to easily create scenes
for it, and with a SDK to allow developers to integrate raytance in externals
projects.
For now the development is at the beginning, we hope that we will be able to
show something before the month of august 2002.

Other Software Required:
raytance requires:
OpenGL 1.2 compatible graphic system (hardware acceleration is strongly
recommended)
libXML 2.
raytance\'s external tools may also requires non-free SDK (3D Studio MAX), we
will try to take advantage of free modelers later in the development.