Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] gcgi want to be a GNU package

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] gcgi want to be a GNU package
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:33:01 +0200

Le mar 23 jui 2002 à  3h05, Free Software Foundation a écrit :
[ Sorry for the late reply to this email.  This address frequently
gets
  backlogged, and we are always struggling to catch up. ]

Currently, on the official savannah site, we are only permitting
programs
that are officially GNU software.  (We are beginning to add
functionality
this so that any GPL-compatible software can be hosted, but that is
not
completely done yet.)

Actually, now (2002/07/24), any GPL-compatible software can be hosted on savannah

We can certainly evaluate your software to see if it can officially
become
GNU software.

To make your program into official GNU software
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#GNUsoftware), you will
first need to agree to follow GNU policies.  This is somewhat
formalized,
because each maintainer of an official GNU package agrees to stand
with the
GNU project on important matters of software freedom.

I have included a brief summary of the major policies with this
message.
For a more detailed description, please read the GNU Maintainers Guide
(http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain_toc.html) in detail before you
agree.

If you are agreeable to these policies, the next step is for the
program
to be evaluated for inclusion in GNU.  To do this, I need the
following
things in a self-contained email:

   * A short (paragraph or so) description of the program.
   * A URL where the source code can be downloaded.

(I realize that you may have given me all that information already in
again in
 a self-contained email so that I can easily pass it on to our
 evaluators.)

Also, it would be good to mention in your submission how your project
compares with the many other CGI libraries for C.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942

 http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
http://yeupou.coleumes.org
http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)