[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Book: C Programming f

From: ciaran_o_riordan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Book: C Programming for GNU
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:37:16 -0400

Ciaran O'Riordan <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: Book: C Programming for GNU
System name: c-prog-book
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The aim of this project is to produce a high quality book on
C programming.  More specifically it will document the GNU C
dialect and the associated Free Software tools.

GNU extensions to the C language are highlighted so the reader
will know how to write ANSI/ISO C.

The text should be easy to read.  Code examples are used frequently
to explain the text.  There are many isolated example programs as
well as a few interesting programs that are continually improved as
the reader progresses.

Before being posted to savannah, this project was in development
on my home computer.  I began writing this book in May 2002.  I hope
to have a draft ready by December or before.

Other Software Required:
The book is written in DocBook.  Nothing is _required_

docbook2texi can be used (perl script which generates texinfo)
make (I have a Makefile)