Re: [Savannah-hackers] Troubles with SSH access

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Troubles with SSH access
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:59:30 +0200

Le ven 26 jui 2002 à 16h48, Romain Behar a écrit :

After creating my key and updating it on the "CVS/SSH
Shared Keys" page, access is still denied. I've waited
a few hours, not 6 yet though.

The key in ~/.ssh/identity.pub is different than the
one in kown_hosts for subversions.gnu.org. Is this
normal?

Sure, ~/.ssh/identity.pub is your personal key.
In known_hosts are keys of the host you know.. you use, as savannah.gnu.org.

Are you sure to have done, before typing your command
        export CVS_RSH="ssh"

Also, note that type ssh -1 -v subversions.gnu.org is just a way to get a complete error message. You wont be able to login in that way, since we do not provide ssh account.
You can only use scp, sftp, rsync and cvs via SSH.

Regards,

Here's the verbose output:

romain -> ssh -1 -v subversions.gnu.org
OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,
OpenSSL 0x0090604f
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating
port will not be trusted.
debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to subversions.gnu.org
[199.232.41.2] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/romain/.ssh/identity type
0
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software
version lshd_1.4 lsh - a free ssh
debug1: no match: lshd_1.4 lsh - a free ssh
debug1: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_3.4p1
Debian 1:3.4p1-2
debug1: Waiting for server public key.
debug1: Received server public key (768 bits) and host
key (1024 bits).
debug1: Host 'subversions.gnu.org' is known and
matches the RSA1 host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/romain/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug1: Encryption type: 3des
debug1: Sent encrypted session key.
debug1: cipher_init: set keylen (16 -> 32)
debug1: cipher_init: set keylen (16 -> 32)
debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
debug1: Received encrypted confirmation.
debug1: Trying RSA authentication with key
'/home/romain/.ssh/identity'
debug1: Server refused our key.
debug1: Doing challenge response authentication.
debug1: No challenge.
debug1: Doing password authentication.
address@hidden's password:

  Romain