[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of VIA, a modular AI IRC

From: mbuna
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of VIA, a modular AI IRC bot
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:52:20 -0400

Stephane Thiell <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: VIA, a modular AI IRC bot
System name: via

Our project is a modular AI bot, it will be able to store most of its database
with SQL. The first and main UI to the bot will be Internet Relay Chat (IRC).
Unlike others AI bot, its goal will be to learn from IRC channels discussions,
without any special traditionnal commands. The big deal will be to write the AI
module, witch will generate responses from the bot, with the help of the db
module. We are going to use some existing AI work under GPL, like C++ AI helper
libraries. We are new in the domain of neural networks but are expecting to
learn and build some of the AI module ideas around this, if possible. The bot
is under the analyse stage and coding with start just after. The source code
will likely be written in C++, some scripts might be in PERL. All modules will
be loadable at runtime (an elf or mach OS will be requiered, as Linux, FreeBSD
or Darwin).

It does not exist yet but we are working on it.

Other Software Required:
A MySQL server.
MySQL++ library, but it will be added to the project.

Other Comments:
We\'re doing it during our free time. You can contact me at address@hidden