[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Linux For Libraries

From: syvanen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Linux For Libraries
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:35:36 -0400

Toni Syvänen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Linux For Libraries
System name: libnux

Vaasa City Library / Regional Library is the first public library in Finland
that has based its public access computer network of 76 computers completely on
Linux platform. Today we are developing more Linux based services both for our
customers and our staff and are trying to create contacts globally with other
libraries / public institutions that are using Linux as well. At the moment we
are running several Linux-connected projects in the library by the support of
Finnish Ministry of Education and are starting an implementing project in
Morogoro regional library, Tanzania,  this autumn.

Other Software Required:
Currenly all our releases are made for Apache / PHP and MySQL

Other Comments:
Support is provided by Vaasa City Library / Regional Library by it\'s current
project workers. Contect the IT-designer to get more info. Leena Salminen
(address@hidden)