[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks

From: Mark H. Weaver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah sucks
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:09:07 -0400

Thomas,

Please try again, but pass the "-v" to scp, and email us the
transcript.  Also, let us know exactly what time you tried this, so we
can find the relevant log entries.

Btw, regarding your statement "savannah sucks" -- I understand that
you are frustrated, but I think that is incredibly disrespectful to
the enormous amount of volunteer time that has gone into savannah.
For most people, most of the time, it works very well.

I'm sure you don't appreciate it when people say the Hurd sucks just
because they run into some problem during install, or because it
currently lacks the performance or feature set of Linux.  The GNU
project needs all the volunteer help and enthusiasm it can get, and
it's a real kick in the teeth to those volunteers when someone says
their work sucks.  I'd expect better from you, of all people.

        Mark