Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ZEDICT: Zaurus English-Japanese Dic

From: Erwan Loisant
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ZEDICT: Zaurus English-Japanese Dictiona - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:28:05 +0900

Loic Dachary wrote:
        Hi,

The dictionary license is not Free Software (commercial use restrictions, distribution restrictions and various others) and cannot
be hosted on Savannah. Could you please get in touch with people publishing
this dictionary and convince them it would be beneficial to the world if
they publish it under a Free Software / Free Documentation license ?

He already published it under GPL a few years ago but for some reasons he changed hes mind ; so he knows well about GPL and he must have good reasons to have changed hes mind.

If you don't mind I will host only the software at Savannah and tell my users to get the dictionary file from an other source, or find an other dictonary of the same format.

--
Erwan