Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Alist System Inventory Software - s

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Alist System Inventory Software - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 18:10:12 +0100

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 12:13:47PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Paul Farrall <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Alist System Inventory Software
> System name: alist
> Type: non-GNU

> Alist is a program that collects hardware and software information about
> systems and stores it in a database for users to browse and search via a Web
> interface. The program consists of three parts: a client portion that
> collects the information, a daemon that receives data sent from clients, and
> a CGI that displays and lets you search for information. Clients for Solaris,
> Linux, FreeBsd, OpenBSD, HP-UX, Irix, Windows, and Mac OS X are currently
> available.
>
> Alist is written entirely in Perl 5. The server portion has been tested on
> Linux, Solaris, and Mac OS X, and should run without any problems on any
> modern Unix OS, but may not work on non-Unixlike operating systems, due to
> calls to fork(). The server needs to have a web server, Perl 5, and the Perl
> CGI.pm module.
>
> The client portion requires Perl 5, but no modules outside the core
> distribution are required. There are currently clients for Solaris, Linux, OS
> X, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD, Windows, HP-UX and Irix.
>
> You can download the latest distribution at
> http://www.brains2bytes.com/alist/alist-current.tgz

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing occurences of Linux as OS
to GNU/Linux?

You can get more information at
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

Regards,

Rudy
--