[Savannah-hackers] submission of Freedom Access Music (FAM) Project - sa

From: dbrunton
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Freedom Access Music (FAM) Project - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:09:55 -0500

David Brunton <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: Freedom Access Music (FAM) Project
System name: famproject
Type: non-GNU

Documentation, software, and support for Copylefted musical performances.  This
project is being registered by one of the principles of a small, highly
unsuccessful music company.  We have a band that is willing to venture into the
world of Copyleft with us, and we\'re hoping to move our content and music onto
a Copyleft license.

Our current URL is http://www.asafo.com, and the first album we will Copyleft
is the Soulfege album, The Black Rose Project.  The second (as yet unreleased)
will be StorySong, also by Soulfege

Our intent @ Savannah is to make a small collection of scripts for
packaging/distributing our Copylefted music in a way that is compatible with
the license, as well as to provide some support for people who want to
repackage/redistribute the music.

The music itself will require a Free Music License.  Since there is not one
available as part of the GNU Project, that is our first task.  We will request
approval on the license before posting any music to the site.

Other Software Required:
This project will require several layers of software (both listening and
burning) but the only ones needed now are:

XMMS
Ogg Vorbis
xcdroast

Other Comments:
It is our intent to commercially distribute copylefted music, and to support it
(with necessary software and documentation) from this site.  David Brunton may
be contacted @ 617-290-6213, or Derrick Ashong @ 617-493-4894.  address@hidden
and address@hidden are their email addresses, respectively.