[Savannah-hackers] submission of Well-designed Configuration Library - s

From: AlexanderKonovalenko
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Well-designed Configuration Library - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 13:44:39 -0500

Alexander Konovalenko <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Well-designed Configuration Library
System name: wd-config
Type: non-GNU

The purpose of my project is creation of a quality C++ library for managing
program\'s configuration.  The following sketches out some initial requirements
for features:
- simplicity and ease of basic usage;
- universality;
- ease of updating the code and documentation related to configuration options;
- extensibility;
- lack of overhead for unused features.

Some concrete features will probably include:
- fetching configuration from the command line, environment variables, multiple
configuration files, custom user interface and other sources;
- dynamic reconfiguration while running;
- saving (parts of) configuration state to a file;
- support for various configuration file formats.

Thus the functionality is similar to one of AutoOpts.

I am aware that there are similar projects to mine.  I found that their goals
are usually less universal.  I will try to consolidate the effort with other
developers or maybe include the library into CommonC++ source base when it is
ready.

It does not exist yet: I\'m working on its design currently.

Other Software Required:
A standard-compliant C++ compiler is required.
Surely g++ will be fully supported.