[Savannah-hackers] submission of Tennacles - savannah.nongnu.org

From: gradha
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Tennacles - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:55:22 -0500

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Tennacles
System name: tennacles
Type: non-GNU

My project (Tennacles) is a tool which aids artists and designers to
create graphic adventure games. The proyect doesn\'t exist, and I am working on
it, it will be the final project required by my university to finish my
computer science course. Tennacles will be licensed
under the GPL, written in Python with PyGTK and Allegro. Tennacles
will provide a visual interface for aritsts and designers who won\'t
have to know programming in order to create an adventure game: they
will only have to provide the graphics, the sounds, the dialogs, and
compose the whole game.

Hence Tennacles will allow designing characters, scenes, objects,
conversations, AI behaviours and logical puzzles, all needed factors
to create a good adventure. Tennacles won\'t use any particular format
to hold data: it will accept formats provided by external tools, like
GIMP (.bmp, .pcx, .tga, etc), sounds (.wav, .ogg), text, and use XML
indices to controll these resources. Finally, an external conversor
will transform these raw data into the data required by existant
adventure game engines to run. I\'m aiming to create a translator for
Mad-project, and others can come later.

Other Software Required:
Python will be used to develop the main part of the tool, small extensions will
be written in plain C.
Allegro for graphics and sound (http://alleg.sourceforge.net/).
GTK as interface toolkit (http://www.gtk.org/).
PyGTK to bind GTK with Python (http://www.daa.com.au/~james/pygtk/)
Maybe LUA for game scripting (http://www.lua.org).
Finally, the tool won\'t require Mad-project
(http://mad-project.sourceforge.net), but the conversor will generate
data for it.

Other Comments:
The tool will be developed under GNU/Linux. However, at the end of the project
it will also be able to run under Windows.