[Savannah-hackers] grub password

From: Alexander Gutowski
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] grub password
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:34:40 -0800

I have loaded Grub as the boot loader for my machine but I cannot open the confiiguration file for it with the password I submitted when first setting it up. I am running Red Hat 7.3, Kernal 2.4.8.17 as the primary kernel along with a couple of older kernels for backup. I can open the Grub Conf. file when logged in as root and can see the line Password = MD5 alphanureric keys written. How do I get the password changed to one that is functional? Logging in under root everytime to make a change, does not appeal to me as the proper way to make changes to the Grub Conf.file.
Any help in resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerly
A  Gutowski