[Savannah-hackers] Re: Supporting alternatives to CVS

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Supporting alternatives to CVS
Date: 14 Nov 2002 23:39:07 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> Would it be feasible to support use of Aegis, Arch or Subversion on
> Savannah as an alternative to CVS?  My idea is that each project could
> select the version control system to use.

We plan to offer this feature.

Two things to do:
        rework on the savannah code to permit this. The better way
        would be rewritting lot of things cleanly, but nobody have
        time to do this. I want to make it but I have many work to do
        currently.
        So we will probably make some dirty hacks (and this part is
        actually mainly already a dirty hack)

        find someone, hopefully a developer of aegis/arch/subversion,
        to maintain the aegis/arch/subversion installation.

> Could someone possibly tell me what the license of Aegis is?

GNU GPL