[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Leech - savannah.nongnu.org

From: karthikrams
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Leech - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:13:36 -0500

Karthikram <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GNU Leech
System name: leech
Type: non-GNU

My project is to develop a E Mail Client called Leech.
Scheme will be used as an extension language for this
project.
GNULeech project is really a POP3 client on one side
and a mail delivery agent on the other side.
GNULeech is a replacement for Fetchmail. Advantage of GNULeech is
its extensible thru Scheme language. It can do lot more than
Fetchmail.The program transfers the mail to the local Mail folder of the user.

* First half of the framework is retrieving mails from the
POP3/IMAP/APOP server.

* Second half is delivering the retrieved mails to a local MTA (SMTP server).A
Local Mailserver is to be configured to do this.GNULeech
can also write to the mailboxes directly. But however letting the
local MTA handling it is more effecient and easy.

The final step is to implement a socket client.

After the working version is ready, we will move to Guile
integration...

The main components required are \"TCP/IP Sockets\" programming in C language
under POSIX environment.

It does not exist but I\'m working on it.

We got our guidance/idea for this project from Mr.M.P.Anand Babu address@hidden