Re: [Fwd: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Free Curriculum Project]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Free Curriculum Project]
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 09:52:39 -0500

    Of course I can generally use the term GNU/Linux to refer to a system
    based on the GNU tools and a Linux kernel on Savannah, or in other
    "official capacities."  On the other hand I'm not prepared to commit to
    censoring myself on this all the time.

I only mean in the materials of this project and when officially
talking about it.  Is that ok?

      If I were to use the phrase "Red
    Hat Linux" on Slashdot, or say "I run Linux on my desktop" on a non-GNU
    mailing list I don't want to have to worry about you retracting your
    offer of hosting.  This is not to say I won't make an honest effort, I
    just don't want to have to worry about a big bearded dude jumping out from
    behind the bushes shouting "Gotcha!"

I never do that.  Changing a habit is hard, and everyone makes
mistakes; when someone makes a mistake, I don't jump on him, I just
give him a reminder.  It's an opportunity to learn.

So don't worry that it will be harsh.  The question is only if you're
willing to do these things.

So, is it ok?