Re: [Savannah-hackers] server side includes

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] server side includes
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:26:18 +0000

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 12:52:14AM -0500, David wrote:
> Is it possible to enable server-side includes for my project homepage?

If your project is a GNU project, the answer is no because the GNU webmasters
want to keep a site that can be easily mirrored without having to reconfigure
http servers.

If your project is not a GNU project, the answer is we do not allow
server-side includes at the moment, but we could start doing it. I'm not very
familiar with server side includes and do not know if they involve as many
risks as CGI scripts. You will have to give us more details and try to
convince us that you need it and it does not pose big risks that would have to
be monitored by someone (unless you are willing to be the official "SSI
watcher" for Savannah projects :-)

Cheers,
Jaime