[Savannah-hackers] submission of Jambamount GUI for smbclient - savannah

From: savannah
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Jambamount GUI for smbclient - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 02:33:05 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Ossie John Howard Moore <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Jambamount GUI for smbclient
System name: jambamount
Type: GNU

DESCRITPION:

My project will provide a GUI wrapper to the smbclient utility and provide a
way to share a local directory as a samba share. The intended target platform I
am writing this for is the Sharp Zaurus but the utility will run on any
platform with a JRE 1.1.8 or better. The programming language is Java. My
release schedule through 0.4 is provided below.

WHAT IS DONE:

Version 0.1 has been completed. I have tested the application on my Linux
workstation and my Sharp Zaurus SL-5500. I wish to distribute the software as
GPL. All current artwork and coding has been done by me.

DEPENDS ON:

This package would depend on the Samba utility smbclient.

RELEASE SCHEDULE:

0.1 Core logic to interact with the smbclient utility. Provide ability to
specify the host, share, username, password, and mount point for the share.
Create initial ipk and install. At this stage, one should be able to drop to
the Zaurus command line and use the utility to mount a smb share.

0.2 Code the GUI to enter the host, share, username, password and mount point.
Create a new ipk and install. At this stage, one will be able to open the
application, provide the necessary information, and mount the share.

0.3 Code the logic to umount a share and update the gui to execute this logic.

0.4 Update the gui to remember connection profiles. Something like a
\'favorites\' option.

Other Software Required:
This package depends on the Samba utility smbclient.

Other Comments:
My contact information is as follows:

Ossie J H Moore
address@hidden