Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of LogKeeper - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of LogKeeper - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:19:56 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

Christian Neumann <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: LogKeeper
System name: logkeeper
Type: non-GNU

Logkeeper archives logs (of Instang Messengers, irc clients and comparable chat
programs) using (compressed) XML files.
It\'ll be possible to convert many different logs to logkeeper\'s XML format
(there could be a cron job converting all your logs monthly). Also, you\'ll be
able to do lots of things with your log archives; e.g. search for messages,
make stats...

It\'s not quite usable but I\'m working on it.

Could you create a tarball with the code as it
now exists and make it available to a temporary URL
(and add this url to your description while submitting
the project)?

We will help you fix potential legal issues.
For example, in order to release your project under
the GPL you should write copyright notices and copying
permission statements at the beginning of every source code
file, following the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

Rudy Gevaert <rudy-sv AT webworm.org> <http://www.webworm.org>
Please reply with a CC to address@hidden if
you have any questions about your registration.