Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gnu.inet.nntp - savannah.gnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gnu.inet.nntp - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:55:56 +0100

Hi Chris,

I am evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.

Your project has been approved. I have trust in you that your project works with a free JVM.

address@hidden wrote:
A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Chris Burdess <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: This project\'s licence is LGPL with one additional clause, as
follows:

\"You also have permission to link it with the Sun Microsystems, Inc. JavaMail(tm)
extension and run that combination.\"

This clause is required due to licensing restrictions of Sun JavaMail (note
that the GNU classpathx project also provides a JavaMail implementation).
Package: gnu.inet.nntp
System name: nntp-java
Type: GNU

gnu.inet.nntp is a project to implement a fully standards compliant NNTP client
in Java. It is used by the GNU classpathx NNTP JavaMail provider.

It is based around a central NNTPConnection class which manages NNTP protocol
negotiation with the server, plus a number of support classes providing a full
NNTP API. The transport I/O layer is pluggable: a stream-based implementation
already exists and a ByteBuffer implementation is on the way.

Source archives and CVS to follow.

Other Software Required:
This package depends on a Java 2 implementation (JRE1.2 or higher).

Other Comments:
Please direct any questions to address@hidden