[Savannah-hackers] submission of AUC TeX, an integrated TeX/LaTeX enviro

From: David . Kastrup
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AUC TeX, an integrated TeX/LaTeX environ - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:36:41 -0500

David Kastrup <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: AUC TeX, an integrated TeX/LaTeX environ
System name: auctex
Type: non-GNU

AUC TeX is the most widely used TeX/LaTeX environment for Emacs.  It offers a
lot of functionality over the default TeX editing modes of Emacs, such as
parsing of documents and style files in order to offer customized completion
facilities.

AUC TeX has been in existence for a long time already.  Its previouis
maintainer, Per Abrahamsen, has passed this job unto me.  AUC TeX development
has pretty much lain dormant for quite some time.  It is my contention that
hosting it on Savannah will provide better possibilities for supporting and
maintaining it and gathering more developers than would be possible for me at
its current site.

Its mailing lists and main web home page will remain where they are for the
moment since they are working reasonably well and are widely advertised.
Migration of them might be done at a later time.  For now, the most important
tasks is setting up CVS access and a few assorted services.

AUC TeX\'s current home page including download locations can be found at
http://sunsite.dk/auctex

Other Software Required:
Emacs or XEmacs are required, as is a working TeX system

Other Comments:
For people in need of custom support, contracts can be negotiated with
address@hidden
David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum, Germany.