[Savannah-hackers] submission of Linux Internet Information Server - sav

From: gaur_tarun
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Linux Internet Information Server - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 23:50:16 -0500

Tarun Gaur <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: Linux Internet Information Server
System name: l-iis
Type: non-GNU

The project is first step in the achievement of Zero Administration Dynamic
Servers. In this project, the aim is to unify the daemons and services running
under GNU/linux and manage them from one point. The resultant Interface will be
something that is a combination of \\\"Microsoft Services\\\" and \\\"Microsoft
Internet Information Server\\\". The look and feel of the interface is to be
kept almost similar to the MS-IIS to help users migrate to the linux version.
This project helps to unify and more important SIMPLIFY the configuration and
management of GNU/Linux based servers.

The project ultimately will be extended to deployment, use and scaling of
services through a common interface. It will try and simplify the enterprise
server management through easy to use wizards and mouse clicks.

I am at initial stage of analysing the software. I think i should be able to
finish the analysis in another 15 days starting from (27/11/2002). As soon as
the analysis is complete, I will post it on my website.

Other Software Required:
All the required software for the project falls under GNU GPL/LGPL.

It is some C libraries and Gnome/KDE libraries. Shell scripts etc.

Other Comments:
Please feel free to contact me at :

address@hidden
address@hidden