[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Marmot - savannah.gnu.org

From: speedblue
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Marmot - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 05:14:39 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Julien LEMOINE <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GNU Marmot
System name: marmot
Type: GNU

The project GNU marmot comes from the need to deal with the tedious task of
creating classes with accessor (set_*/get_*/add_*/push_*) functions, and
converting such dataclasses into XML files.
Working with XML, one must always consider the complexity/speed tradeoff.
Developpement of the code handling the data leaves us with few choices, we
usually decide to go with the xerces implementation but we would chose
something else if we weren\'t trying to have the fastest way to write our
classes into files.
But writing isn\'t our only concern, we also have to read the data back into
our data structures. This work is very repetitive/boring, and looks like it
could be easily automated...
The idea of Marmot is born.
Alot of other ideas came with the handling of such data, like multiple target
languages and multiple toolkits for the backend of the project.

Gnu marmot generates Xml parser for multiple languages(C++, java, Eiffel,...)
and for multiples backend(Xerces, expat, ...).
It also generates Data class.

Specifications and examples are available on GNU Marmot web site :
http://www.speedblue.org/marmot/

It is currently under develepement, a cvs tarball is available at :
http://www.speedblue.org/marmot/marmot-0.0a.tar.gz

Licence is GPL

Other Software Required:
Required software :