[Savannah-hackers] Webmasters commit mails not working properly?

From: Brett Smith
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Webmasters commit mails not working properly?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:24:08 -0500

Hallo,

For some time now, the e-mails generated by changes to the tree for the
www.gnu.org CVS repository have not been delivered properly.  I initially
thought this was a problem I created when we started managing the
webmasters mail with a ticketing system, but I've looked into it to the
best of my ability, and that does not seem to be the case.

These mails are directed to address@hidden  That's an alias
on fencepost; among other places, it's directed to diffmon-web-guidelines,
which contains most of the webmasters -- including me.  In short, it never
goes through the ticket-managed address at all; it hops through a few
aliases to the individual recipients.

What's particularly bizarre about this bug, however, is that it's not an
all-or-nothing problem.  A few commit log messages do get through.  For
instance, a bit ago I added a directory, /software/unrtf, and a page,
/software/unrtf/unrtf.html, to the repository.  I received a commit log
e-mail about the addition of the directory, but nothing about the page.

The mails that get through seem to have Subject: lines that begin with a
double-quote character (").

Could you please investigate this and let me know what you find?  I'm happy
to provide you with any additional information or assistance you might
need.  Thank you very much.

--
-- Brett Smith