[Savannah-hackers] Re: Mozilla bug 163503 makes savannah hard to use

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Mozilla bug 163503 makes savannah hard to use
Date: 17 Dec 2002 20:12:01 +0100

> If it is a hassle to do that change and then remember to redo it
> later, then that's a valid reason not to remove the hover:
> attribute, which has nothing to do with Mozilla but with our own
> job.

I do not agree at all. It has to do with mozilla because this bug _is_ a
mozilla's bug and this whole problem only exists because there's this
bug in mozilla.

> > Guillaume Morin <address@hidden> said: > I do not even
> > comment on your unappropriate and aggressive tone.
> >
> > Please, do it. I do not give a shit of "argument gratuit" like
> > this (cannot translate this right now).
>
> Please, remember that e-mail messages sound always worse than face to face
> dialogue so it is important to remain calm and never raise our voices via
> e-mail. I also think that forum/forum.php?forum_id=1348 turned out to be
> aggressive which is probably not what Mathieu meant.

I would be happy if someone could details what is agressive in this
message. Anyway, I added a comment there.

 http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=139

> I repeat that I think every news item posted in the main page should
> be discussed here before they get published. It is important to keep
> a more neutral tone in those news items.

I would be happy to receive answer to my mails, but it turned out that
I have to wait, generally, 3 days to get any answer on petty subjects,
not to mention the bunch of mail sent several weeks ago with no
answers at all.

I perfectly know that everyone is busy here. That's not the problem.
But the fact is when I wait for a positive answer on my proposals, I
generally do not receive anything at all.

For instance, several days ago (or week, do not remember exactly), I
found out that the /var directory was near to run out of space. And
you know what it means if it happens (data lost with mysql for
example).
I moved logs files to a temporary place, asking on savannah-hackers to
do something about thoses files (I do not know if they need to be
stored). If a answer was sent to me, it does not reached my mailbox.

So, considering that news can be edited and there a forum to add
message about it, it always seemed better to me to add directly a news
that help user to understand what is going on here than to wait for an
answer that will maybe never exists.  But promise, I won't redo
it.

About Guillaume, I remember some private answer he made to me in may
2002 that makes me feels that his ability to find aggressivity in my
mails is not absolutely neutral. But you're right, communicating
without face-to-face generally does not help to fix misunderstanding
happily.