Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ueasy - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ueasy - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:20:04 +0000

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. I'm sorry
for the late reply.

To decide if your project can be hosted in Savannah we need to know if it can
run on a Free Software Java suite (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for
more information). Could you give us some explanation about this point? In
particular, do your applets and xml-rpc-1.2.jar depend on JDK? or can they run
be a free Java implementation without Swing support?

Also, if you have any code already written, even if it is not a working
version yet, you should let us take a look at it to help you solve any
licensing issues. When a project is just starting it is easier to make changes
to adjust to the license; If we discover licensing problems later on when your
project is more advanced, it will be more difficult for you to make the
necessary changes.

If your project can run in a machine without non-free Java (for example
without JDK) please register it again explaining that point.

Cheers,
Jaime