[Savannah-hackers] Re: Submission got lost?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Submission got lost?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:32:12 -0500

Not that I'm the authority, but for what it's worth ...

    If there are rules for a project to be a
    GNU package, why "establishment" permits to skip them?

rms said only that certain parts of the evaluation could be skipped, not
the whole thing.  The answers to the skipped parts are inferrable
because MIT Scheme is a popular and useful package.  This would
presumably also be true of Apache and Linux (the kernel, I assume you
mean).

But the rest of the evaluation would still be done, for instance the
parts on licensing would apply.

Finally, the GNU evaluators team is here to help rms, period.  If he
wants to dub a package GNU with no input from us, that's entirely his
prerogative.

    Also, should we guess the status of each projects?

Certainly not.  We should do the entire evaluation in the absence of
explicit instructions to the contrary (such as this).

Personally, I'd probably answer the parts that could be skipped anyway,
for my own personal education if nothing else, since it only takes a few
minutes.

Happy holidays,
karl