[Savannah-hackers] submission of indigo GLB and failover solution - sav

From: andy . crichton
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of indigo GLB and failover solution - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:56:09 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Andy Crichton <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: indigo GLB and failover solution
System name: indigo
Type: GNU

Provide a simple extensible global load balancing and failover system for
internet services using client indirection through bind.. The bind db interface
 will use the sbd interface in bind9 , be written in ESQL ,C and will work with
at least postgresql and oracle. Multiple polling agents will collect host based
load information and present it to a database population system for eash
database instance. IPC will be using TCP/IP to enable easy relocation of parts
of the system. I would like end to end encryption, ACL access and some form of
flood protection however these parts would be added after a basic system was up
and running.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it. I have coded a couple of test
agents and am working on the sdb interface actively . I expect to be able to
have a robust baseline system in about 4 months. I will make my current efforts
availably shortly on this site.

Other Software Required:
bind 9 (latest release)
oracle/postgresql/informix or other ESQL capable database engine