[Savannah-hackers] Unable to create new user on Savannah

From: Brion Vibber
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Unable to create new user on Savannah
Date: 11 Jan 2003 00:41:42 -0800

I've been trying to register as a new user via:
https://savannah.gnu.org/account/register.php

My name isn't common, so I was surprised to be told that:

  User vibber is a known mail alias and cannot be used. If you own this
  alias (address@hidden) please create a another user (for instance
  xxvibber) and ask address@hidden to rename it to vibber."

I was doubly surprised to find that the same was true of all other
variations of my name, not to mention any random strings I could come up
with. Same on savannah.gnu.org and savannah.nongnu.org, save the domain
name in the error message.

I suspect there's something a little wrong going on here?

--
Brion Vibber <address@hidden>