[Savannah-hackers] submission of Electrical Engineering Study Guides -

From: mtaylor
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Electrical Engineering Study Guides - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:45:20 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Michael Taylor <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: fdl
Other License:
Package: Electrical Engineering Study Guides
System name: eeguides
Type: GNU

This project is to create a set of tutorials about electrical engineering
topics (specifically signal processing and communications).  Once complete, the
various tutorials and could be put together to form a textbook-like document.
One thing that I believe sets this project apart from other electrical
engineering material is that it will incorperate a system of prerequisites.
These will describe knowledge that should already be known before a person
should read the tutorial so that they can fully understand it.  These
prerequisites will help potential readers know if they are ready to learn the
material covered within the tutorial.  I was also planning on including
examples that any reader could do at home with the software package Scilab.
Scilab has a propriatary license and I\'m not sure if it\'s considered free
software, or not.  If it isn\'t I will have to come up with an alternative.

I would like to publish these documents under the GNU Free Documentation
License.  I wanted to host them on Savannah so that other people can proofread,
correct, and give any input to aid their design and completion.

The very beginning of one of the tutorials (rough draft) can be found here:
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~javapgmr/fourier_analysis.pdf .  It is only the
beginning but it includes one of the Scilab examples so that you can look at it
and let me know if it will work on a Savannah project.  It also follows the
template for all the tutorials which includes the \"About this Document\" and
\"Prerequesits\" sections at the beginning of the tutorial.

Other Software Required:
Scilab maybe, but it isn\'t required as this project is just a series of
documents.