[Savannah-hackers] submission of Race - 3D car game - savannah.nongnu.or

From: harrysto
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Race - 3D car game - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:58:39 -0500

Harry Storbacka <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Race - 3D car game
System name: race
Type: non-GNU

Race is a 3d cargame currently hosted at sourceforge. http://race.sf.net.
License: GNU GPL. Sources for a not yet announced release can be found at:

http://race.sourceforge.net/files/race-0.9.0-2.tar.gz

The goal of the project is to create an entertaining car game released as free
software. In the game one drives a car, trying to reach the goal before the
opponents. The view in the game is from a \"bird\" perspective.

All development is done using GNU/Linux, but ports to windows have been done
also. Included in race is also a track editor.

The code and graphics are under the GPL, but the music, an optional addition to
the game, has it\'s own license, that is not a free software license.
(http://race.sourceforge.net/music.php3). I\'d assume that you will not accept
such a license, and in that case I\'m perfectly fine with not having the music
files on savannah.

Other Software Required:
Typically not found libraries:
------
ClanLib Game SDK, http://clanlib.org
Hermes, http://clanlib.org
Open Dynamics Engine, http://q12.org/ode
Ogg Vorbis (optional)
Lua (optional, used in the track editor)

Usually included libraries:
------
Mesa
libjpeg
libpng
libXML2
libz

Other Comments:
> write copyright notices and copying permission statements at the
> beginning of every source-code file

done.

> include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL

done.