[Savannah-hackers] submission of PyDonkey - savannah.nongnu.org

From: jol
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of PyDonkey - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:25:05 -0500

VENNIN Joel <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: PyDonkey
System name: pydonkey
Type: non-GNU

Hello,
  I want to create a project around the edonkey protocol, i know there is a
lots of new client edonkey but nothing very well ( only eMule but under
Windows). This project is to create a client ( and maybe in the future a
server) around the edonkey protocol, and next extend the projet to interconnect
some network like overnet and gnutella.
  The first step of this project is to create a good documentation (Latex)
around these protocols because there is not full documentation about it.
   The second step is to develop the client to support edonkey and extension of
mule client. The language used is Python. Python is use to create the core and
also the extension of the client. It\'s a way for me to learn this beautiful
language. About the graphic interface we use wxwindows (OSI licence) and the
wxwindows python wrappers (www.wxpython.org). Only this tool and nothing else.
We need only Python and emacs for editing ....
Currently, there are no source (only 30 lines to learn asynchronous socket with
python)
Finally, ours project is to provide a GPL multi-platform and multi-protocol
client.

Replace this paragraph by the technical description of your
project (approximately 20 lines should be OK). Do not
forget to include a URL to the source code, even if it
is not a functional version (it will be easier to sort out
licensing problems now, rather than having your project
rejected later on). If you do not have any code
to show yet, then say that explicitly.

Other Software Required:
We only use Python (www.python.org) and the wxwindows python wrappers
(www.wxpython.org). Nothing else.