Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Web Publishing System - savann

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Free Web Publishing System - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:04:18 -0500

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 11:57:32AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Justin White <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License: There are three libraries included in the distribution that
> are not part of FreeWPS.  Two are under the GPL (INCLUDES/OPENLAYOUT.PHP and
> INCLUDES/SQL_AL.PHP).  The other does not have a specific license
> (INCLUDES/MD5.JS).

It seems fine to me.

But:

Please remove GIF images files from your project and replaced them
by other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW
compression algorithm which is used in making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper
GIFs. They also apply to the compress program.

For more information read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,

Rudy