[Savannah-hackers] submission of paparazzi - savannah.nongnu.org

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of paparazzi - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 05:29:49 -0500

antoine drouin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: paparazzi
System name: paparazzi
Type: non-GNU

This project aims to create a low cost open source UAV (Unmaned Air Vehicule).

The onboard hardware consists of a Pic MCU (microcontroller unit) and several
sensors (GPS, pressure...). Code is written in assembly using GPASM
(http://gputils.sourceforge.net).
We are planning to test a linux handheld with 802.11 for higher level
computations and communications.

The ground station consist of a laptop running Gnu/Linux.
For now we use RTTY (http://www.ele.uva.es/~jesus/rtty/rtty-2.0.html) for the
downlink, but 802.11 might remove this need.
We have a GUI written in GTK that displays the position of the plane on a map
and the indications from the intruments.
We have also developed code to deal with the GPS binary protocol (SIRF).

Code is not online, but i can mail you a copy

regards

Antoine