Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Compact Disc Input and Control Libr

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Compact Disc Input and Control Library - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:29:50 -0500

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:43:41PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> Rudy Gevaert writes:
>  > Please register your project again including a URL
>  > (could be temporary) where the source code can be found.
>
> The code is not publically available that's why I'm was considering
> Savannah.

We don't ask you to make it publically available, we only ask that you
put it online for us.  So we can check if your program is conform with
the savannah guidelines.

If you don't have the recources to put a tarball online you can mail
it to us (e.g. me)

>  > We would like to look at your source code, even if it is still
>  > not functional, to help you fix potential legal issues which
>  > would be harder to find and to solve after the project gets
>  > approved. For example, in order to release your project under
>  > the GPL you should write copyright notices and copying
>  > permission statements at the beginning of every source code
>  > file, as advise in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
>  >
>  > Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
>  > above.
>
> What changes? That I should give a URL for a source that not
> available by URL?

Please read your mails more carefully:

>  > The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
>  > track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
>  > yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
>  > time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
>  > have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
>  > understanding.

> However given your current policy of handling pending projects, I'll
> wait until you look over the attached tar file and wait instructions
> as to how to proceed before reregistering.

I hava approved your project, it complies with the savannah
guidelines.

Rudy