Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Gnoppix - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Gnoppix - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:11:08 +0000

Your project has been approved.

As I'm also very interested in Knoppix and its customization, I'd like to see
you avoid the mistakes made by Klaus Knopper. Namely, any scripts you write
should become part of some official Debian package. Most of the sources for
the ISO you will produce will be at the Debian server and you should keep your
own packages also there. In my opinion, you should also use Debian's buck
tracking system; a user should be able to recreate your ISO images using a
"gnoppix" official Debian package.

Your gnoppix project in Savannah will still be very useful for software
development and project coordination. If nobody in your project team is a
Debian developer, I would be glad to serve you as sponsor to make your Debian
packages official (or ask any Debian maintainer that you know); you can also
use that sponsorship to become a Debian maintainer yourself.

Please send me in private (no need to send copy to this list) more details
about the gnoppix image that you have already done.

Cheers,
Jaime