[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of The Extended osip library - savann

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of The Extended osip library - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 06 Mar 2003 23:31:18 +0100

address@hidden said:

> Aymeric MOIZARD <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: The Extended osip library
> System name: exosip
> Type: non-GNU

> eXosip is a library that hides the complexity of using the SIP
> protocol for mutlimedia session establishement. This protocol
> is mainly to be used by VoIP telephony applications (endpoints
> or conference server) but might be also usefull for any
> application that wish to establish sessions like multiplayer
> games.
>
> eXosip is GPL and considered as an extenion for the GNU oSIP.
> http://osip.atosc.org/download/eXosip-0.6.0.tar.gz
>
> Other Software Required:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/osip : GNU oSIP.

The COPYING content is

 * Copyright (C) 2001,2002 Aymeric Moizard <address@hidden>
 * Copyright (C) C) 2001,2002 Mathieu Berland <address@hidden>
 *
 * This program is protected by copyright's laws. You can use
 * modify and distribute this software as long as you are not
 * using it with a commercial purpose.
 *
 * If you want to use, modify, distribute this software, you
 * have to contact both Aymeric Moizard and Mathieu Berland.

It means that this software is not Free Software, and if it depends on
GNU oSIP, it's maybe even a license violation.

Can you provide clarifications?

Regards,

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.