[Savannah-hackers] suddenly lost CVS access to subversions.gnu.org

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] suddenly lost CVS access to subversions.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 18:22:31 -0600

I've had no trouble using my CVS working copy of project 'emacs'
before now -- updating and committing worked fine.

Now I can't seem to update:

   $ cat CVS/Root
   address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs
   $ cvs up -dP
   address@hidden's password: ********
   Permission denied, please try again.
   address@hidden's password: ********
   Permission denied, please try again.
   address@hidden's password: ********
   Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
   cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server \
     (consult above messages if any)
   $

It shouldn't be prompting me for a password at all; in the past, it
never did.  Instead, I would expect it to prompt for my SSH 1
passphrase (or not prompt at all, since I use ssh-agent).

I haven't changed my SSH public key.  I checked by going to

   http://savannah.gnu.org/account/editsshkeys.php

and comparing the key there against my ~/.ssh/identity.pub.  They
appear to be the same.

Do you have any idea what might be happening?  I was trying to update
my Emacs tree in order to fix a bug in saveplace.el.

Thank you,
-Karl Fogel