[Savannah-hackers] [ 101927 ] New Project containing binary firmware ?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101927 ] New Project containing binary firmware ?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 05:59:40 -0500

Support Request #101927, was updated on Mon 03/10/03 at 01:09
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101927&group_id=11

Category: None

By: yeupou
Date: Mon 03/10/03 at 11:59
Logged In: YES
user_id=1896
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3.1; Linux 2.4.21-pre4; i686; fr,
address@hidden)

Hi,

About the mail problem, it will be fixed.

About your project, I'm not sure to understand wholy the story :
 - Have Atmel any connection with the firm that produce the
device?
 - Is the firmware binary provided by this firm?
 - If so, does Atmel have the source for this binary?
 - If not, in which headers Atmel added the GPL?

The easier answer is to tell you what would be problematic for
your project to be hosted here:
 - Dependancy on non-free software or driver...

By: joerg.albert