[Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions hacked?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions hacked?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:07:42 +0100

Hugo Gayosso writes:

 > I guess some of you already saw this message, but I didn't see any
 > comments on either system-hackers nor on savannah-hackers, so here it
 > is:
 >
 > I am truncating parts of the message, in summary a lot if not all of
 > the shell accounts in subversions were removed from '/etc/passwd' and
 > a bunch of other accounts (suspicious usernames) were created:

        I did a sort on /etc/passwd because I remembered it improves
access to entries. I did not remove accounts though. The old password
file is at /etc/passwd-2003-03-17 and only shows these diffs (after a sort
on both)

1053a1054
> gogo653:x:63275:65534:Robert Gogolok
> <address@hidden>:/home/gogo653:/usr/local/bin/cvssh
1781d1781
< munsternet:x:63163:65534:Munsternet Developpement project
<address@hidden>:/home/munsternet:/usr/local/bin/cvssh
2124a2125
> riffraff:x:63274:65534:gabriele renzi
> <address@hidden>:/home/riffraff:/usr/local/bin/cvssh
2402a2404
> svcvs:x:1014:1014:Savannah internal CVS user,,,:/home/svcvs:/bin/bash
2585a2588
> vlarrieu:x:63273:65534:LARRIEU Vivian <address@hidden>:/home/vlarr

        I created svcvs for sv_cvs script purposes.

        I should have notified address@hidden about this and I
apologize for not doing so. Sorry for the false alarm. It's conforting to
know that mistake won't be overlooked ;-)

        Cheers,

--
             Sauvez le droit d'auteur
Loic   Dachary   http://eucd.info/  address@hidden