[Savannah-hackers] Subversions load down to reasonable levels

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Subversions load down to reasonable levels
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:59:12 +0000

It is very nice to be able to work in subversions again. Thanks a lot Loic for
tracking and solving the problem.

I propose the following news item for Savannah's front page:

    Anonymous CVS access back to normal

  The problem that many users experienced during the last few days
  with CVS access and stale locks that prevented them from accessing
  the repositories has now been solved. It was due to a heavy use
  of the temporary directory by the CVS pserver, which was solved
  by using a ramdisk. The problem also made the Savannah server load
  to go high above 80, making all services extremely slow. It is now
  back to normal; we apologize for any inconvenience.

Please comment and propose changes. I would like to post it by tonight
at the latest.

Cheers,
Jaime